Physical Features:
Eyebrows
Hobbies:
Sports such as Netball, Hockey, Basketball
Watching Musicals and Films
Building/Creating things
Characteristics:
Bubbly
Control Freak
Competitive
On my mood board, it shows my different hobbies, characteristics, and physical features. After thinking of the different things which symbolizes me, I then created a mood board of the different things I had written in the above. I decided to put more images of my hobbies (sports) because I feel that that is a large part of my life, and same goes to my competitive characteristic, these are my most dominant categories which make up me.
Portrait Magazine Inspiration:
Last week I produced a mood board of different portrait magazines, with these, I started to gather inspiration for my own portrait magazine. In many of these portrait magazines, you can spot similarities in them such as the font, in others, the pictures are a little obscure in a way to make it a little more dramatic and dynamic, thus making the portrait of the person stand out from the rest of the other magazines.
One of my favourite portrait covers from the selection below is the one where Lady Gaga is shown to have three heads, with a large 'V' in the centre of the cover. This is one of my favourite portrait covers as it shows in a way, three sides of her as the heads are different in some way from one and other, I also like how the 'V' centres the picture too, it compacts the heads together with the singular body, making it unique and eye-catching in the fashion industry.
Another portrait cover which stands out to me is the one where the girl is being splashed with water, and also the one where the man has paint dripping down his face. This is because, with the man that has dripping paint, in my opinion, it symbolizes his face as a white plain canvas, and to show the artist's creativeness, the paint is to show his devotion to his job. The one where the girl is being splashed with water also caught my eye as her face is set so neutrally as the water splashes her in such an elongated way, making it pop out in a dynamic way.

After creating my mood boards, I then went on to thinking of a name for my magazine, this was the part I fond most difficult as I wanted to choose a word, which somewhat described me and was also unique to the point that it is not a frequently used word. I first search up word of the days, there is couldn't really find a word which sounded right, and so then I searched 'Exotic Words' (https://www.proofessor.co.uk/rare-but-nice-words/), I found this website quite helpful but unfortunately, I was unable to found a word or phrase which sounded right to me. I then went to watch a couple of television series, such as Bates Motel and Teen Wolf, usually in series such as these, they have peculiar words which link into what the series is about. A word which caught my attention was palinopsia, this is a Greek word which means seeing again, for example like a persistant reoccurance of a visual image after the stimulus has been removed. I am going to use this word as i want my portrait cover to be that memorble for viewers. Next, I chose the font for my title, and so I went onto Dafont (http://www.dafont.com) as this was suggested to me. On here I found a selection of fonts to download which are simular to the fonts on my portrait magazine inspiration mood board, which is Sans Serif, after searching for a while, I found the perfect one, which is Tondu, I chose this one as it was bold and made the page soft with the softened edges on the letters.
I next came up with different ideas on what to do with my portrait magazine. After much thinking, I have come up with three different ideas to try out.
First Idea:
The Lady Gaga magazine cover has inspired me as I said earlier in my blog. My first idea is to have my three traits, personality, hobbies and facial features, portrayed on three different faces. In the middle, I will have my facial features enhanced to make my Asian features are bold. The face to the right of that will show my competitiveness, I chose to put this to my right as my right hand is my dominant hand, making this my dominant trait of me, to show my competitiveness, I will be focusing into the distance with a trophy faded into the distance. And finally to the left, my face will represent my hobby for sport, the portrait will be taken as a freeze action shot to show the intensity and dedication I have to my hobby, in it I will have my hockey stick to represent my sports.
Second Idea:
My second idea, I was inspired by the newspaper portraits and so I have an idea where I am looking down, in it there will be newspaper articles woven into my face, these articles will refer to my hobbies, physical features and characteristics. The portrait itself will be black and white to create mystery in my portrait.
Third Idea:
With this portrait, I was inspired by the portrait with the artist has dripping paint on his face and the girl that has water splashing into her face, my idea has combined the two to create an exciting image. In this portrait, I will have wet paint thrown at me, but the picture is caught in a freeze frame, my face will be white to represent a white canvas as without my characteristics, physical features and hobbies, I'm not myself. Each of the colours thrown at me will represent my three traits, firstly to represent my hobby of sports, I will use a royal blue, this is because during my times competing, I have almost always represented a blue team. Secondly, to represent my competitiveness, I will have red paint with golden stars in, I chose the colour red because it represents dominance and the stars are there to represent victories and success I have had. Lastly, to represent my physical features, I will have orange, this is because it is the traditional robe colours for Buddhist monks in Lao, being where I am originated from.
On my mood board, it shows my different hobbies, characteristics, and physical features. After thinking of the different things which symbolizes me, I then created a mood board of the different things I had written in the above. I decided to put more images of my hobbies (sports) because I feel that that is a large part of my life, and same goes to my competitive characteristic, these are my most dominant categories which make up me.
Portrait Magazine Inspiration:
Last week I produced a mood board of different portrait magazines, with these, I started to gather inspiration for my own portrait magazine. In many of these portrait magazines, you can spot similarities in them such as the font, in others, the pictures are a little obscure in a way to make it a little more dramatic and dynamic, thus making the portrait of the person stand out from the rest of the other magazines.
One of my favourite portrait covers from the selection below is the one where Lady Gaga is shown to have three heads, with a large 'V' in the centre of the cover. This is one of my favourite portrait covers as it shows in a way, three sides of her as the heads are different in some way from one and other, I also like how the 'V' centres the picture too, it compacts the heads together with the singular body, making it unique and eye-catching in the fashion industry.
Another portrait cover which stands out to me is the one where the girl is being splashed with water, and also the one where the man has paint dripping down his face. This is because, with the man that has dripping paint, in my opinion, it symbolizes his face as a white plain canvas, and to show the artist's creativeness, the paint is to show his devotion to his job. The one where the girl is being splashed with water also caught my eye as her face is set so neutrally as the water splashes her in such an elongated way, making it pop out in a dynamic way.

After creating my mood boards, I then went on to thinking of a name for my magazine, this was the part I fond most difficult as I wanted to choose a word, which somewhat described me and was also unique to the point that it is not a frequently used word. I first search up word of the days, there is couldn't really find a word which sounded right, and so then I searched 'Exotic Words' (https://www.proofessor.co.uk/rare-but-nice-words/), I found this website quite helpful but unfortunately, I was unable to found a word or phrase which sounded right to me. I then went to watch a couple of television series, such as Bates Motel and Teen Wolf, usually in series such as these, they have peculiar words which link into what the series is about. A word which caught my attention was palinopsia, this is a Greek word which means seeing again, for example like a persistant reoccurance of a visual image after the stimulus has been removed. I am going to use this word as i want my portrait cover to be that memorble for viewers. Next, I chose the font for my title, and so I went onto Dafont (http://www.dafont.com) as this was suggested to me. On here I found a selection of fonts to download which are simular to the fonts on my portrait magazine inspiration mood board, which is Sans Serif, after searching for a while, I found the perfect one, which is Tondu, I chose this one as it was bold and made the page soft with the softened edges on the letters.
I next came up with different ideas on what to do with my portrait magazine. After much thinking, I have come up with three different ideas to try out.
First Idea:
The Lady Gaga magazine cover has inspired me as I said earlier in my blog. My first idea is to have my three traits, personality, hobbies and facial features, portrayed on three different faces. In the middle, I will have my facial features enhanced to make my Asian features are bold. The face to the right of that will show my competitiveness, I chose to put this to my right as my right hand is my dominant hand, making this my dominant trait of me, to show my competitiveness, I will be focusing into the distance with a trophy faded into the distance. And finally to the left, my face will represent my hobby for sport, the portrait will be taken as a freeze action shot to show the intensity and dedication I have to my hobby, in it I will have my hockey stick to represent my sports.
Second Idea:
My second idea, I was inspired by the newspaper portraits and so I have an idea where I am looking down, in it there will be newspaper articles woven into my face, these articles will refer to my hobbies, physical features and characteristics. The portrait itself will be black and white to create mystery in my portrait.
Third Idea:
With this portrait, I was inspired by the portrait with the artist has dripping paint on his face and the girl that has water splashing into her face, my idea has combined the two to create an exciting image. In this portrait, I will have wet paint thrown at me, but the picture is caught in a freeze frame, my face will be white to represent a white canvas as without my characteristics, physical features and hobbies, I'm not myself. Each of the colours thrown at me will represent my three traits, firstly to represent my hobby of sports, I will use a royal blue, this is because during my times competing, I have almost always represented a blue team. Secondly, to represent my competitiveness, I will have red paint with golden stars in, I chose the colour red because it represents dominance and the stars are there to represent victories and success I have had. Lastly, to represent my physical features, I will have orange, this is because it is the traditional robe colours for Buddhist monks in Lao, being where I am originated from.
Final Thought on Ideas:
The idea that I feel strongly represents me well in a portrait magazine cover is my first idea. I believe this because the idea is the most simple and also the most visual for viewers to understand what I am trying to portray on my magazine cover.

No comments:
Post a Comment