In this project, I will be mainly showing a combination of what I have learnt this year. But, I also want to progress from that and also experiment a little more with different styles of writing and camera shots, also with editing.
The main shots I have been thinking of doing are zoom ins and zoom outs and over the shoulder, I feel that I need to work on the control on handling the camera and the types of angle I will have them at. For example, there is a bathtub scene where I start with a the younger version of my main character, as she submerges, I will add a dissolving transition and the older version of my main character will be seen in the bath. The aim of this is to get the transition from the two clips, as crisp as possible.
Another shot I will be experimenting with is a close up of a reflection. In the scene I'm considering to use this for is when Tina walks into the kitchen and finds that after the argument with Gary about his out of control drinking habit, she finds him still drinking. I will get this shot when Gary turns to the microwave and stares at his reflection. I will start the shot blurred and then focus it till the shot is crisp. In this shot, I want to create the illusion of the audience in Gary's head, when drunk, it rakes time for yourself to focus on something as simple as your own reflection, this will show a deeper emotion to the character due to the close up, showing Gary's detailed emotions.
The final shot I will be experimenting in is a close up birds eye view. This shot is used in a scene where we meet Mina's friends, Jessica and Sammy. Where this shot will be used is when the girls start walking to Costa/Starbucks from school/college, Mina then feels a drop of water on her face, I want to at least get a close up of where she looks up at the sky and stops in her tracks. I feel like if I were to get a shot like this, it will create dispense and really make my film look a little more professional, and definitely show off my skills. To execute this shot, I will need to find something such as a ladder to climb onto so that I can get that birds eye view shot. I will need to ensure that whatever I am planning to use to prompt me will not be in the shot.
Another effective shot I want to experiment with is the pass by effect. I will use this in the scene where Mina gets out the bath as her brother is knocking loudly at the door for his turn. I will use the shot when Mina walks to her room as she looks pleased with herself. With this transition, it will make the change smooth and crisp.


No comments:
Post a Comment