Scene 1
In this scene, Gary is taking Mina and her sister Christine to a friend's party, here we find that the happy occasion is almost spoiled by Gary's outburst on Mina's invite to the party, he does not believe that she ever was invited to the party as Bea is Christine's best friend. In this scene, I want to focus on the emotions felt from the characters, due to this there will be a lot of close ups where the audience is able to clearly view the character's expressions.
Scene 2
In this scene, Mina first shows her passion for diving, as she practices in her bathtub where she submerges herself in the water. We then hear the loud arguments coming from her parents and see how the happiness from her new diving record, suddenly disappears when she hears the argument, I want to focus on this and so that is why I am doing a medium shot at the end of this scene as she sits on the top of the stairs, this will highlight her body language and facial expression.
Scene 3
In this scene, Mina has just come back home from college, she hears her parents arguing and then sees her brother at the top of the stairs and so she goes to comfort her. When the argument settles, Mina and her siblings join their parents at the dinner table. The atmosphere is quiet awkward and silent, no one knows what to say. One by one, Mina, Ben and Christine says thank you to her mother and then as Tina says "you're welcome", the scene slowly fades. In this scene, there are mainly medium shots as I want to mainly capture everyone's body language, showing whether they are scared, upset, awkward and so on.
Scene 4
Scene 4
In this scene, I want to create a deep connection from the characters to the audience. To do this, I will doing mainly close up shots to show the emotion the character have for one and other. The shot where Gary looks at the kettle, I will start the shot out of focus and then focus it, I plan on doing this so that it is as if it were Gary focussing on his own reflection, as a drunk person seeing things unclear.
Scene 5
Scene 5
In this scene, we meet Mina's friends at college and quickly learn the personalities of her friends. I am mainly doing close ups and medium shots as I feel that this will emphasise the characters feelings and body language. During this scene, the most challenging shot will be of a rain drop hitting Mina's face, this will be captured as an extreme close up, it will be tricky as I need to find a way where I am able to get above my actor and neatly focus on the rain/water droplet.
Scene 6
Scene 6
In this scene, Tina and Gary have another big fight which leaves Tina crying on the floor. The lighting will be darker than the rest, to almost foreshadow that the something dark will happen soon. As Mina walks to the kitchen door, I want to create that long duration feeling as that's where all the arguments happen, this will also happen as she walks away from it as well, indicating that the kitchen is like a void where bad things happen. As she walks away from the kitchen door, I want to highlight gliding her fingers over the family pictures, almost indicating that she's saying "goodbye". The steps to the bathroom will be very slow as she's taking her time, Mina will be emotionless as she does this.









Huge! Wow!
ReplyDelete