Friday, 5 January 2018

Case Study of 3 Different Examples of Lookbooks or Magazines

For this project, I have decided that I will create a lookbook/magazine where it has both fashion and social evolution sections within it. I feel like this will link well together as the fashion industry solely relies on the media industry to promote new seasonal clothing and accessories, and with social development, I can show whether social media has had an effect on social behaviour to the new generation.

In my eyes, as I can link the two different kinds of articles together, I am then able to give it a similar layout to one and other.

Fashion Magazine


This Voir magazine is vibrant with a variety of warm and cold colours such as yellows, blues, purples and pinks. Next what I found quite quirky, was how the model placed her hands on her face, they give a weaving effect, like vines wrapping around a tree. The title of the magazine also pops out, and as there are many colours on the cover already, the title doesn't get lost in it.

Living World Magazine (Evolution)


With this Discover magazine, I like how it shows the human 'body' evolution. showing how now, technology has influenced us so much that we have developed a way of flying instead of walking like our previous ancestors. The writing is very neat and clear, each bit of text has its own section of the magazine to fill. Each pull quote is highlighted in red, making it more eye-catching and easy to spot when walking past it. 

Film Magazine



 Empire magazines in general, are quite bold and eye catching as they arre used for marketing purposes, to showcase the newest films available to watch at their cinemas. This is quite different from the Discover magazine as that is full of facts on gadgets and scientific discovies, whereas the Empire magazing is a way to broadcast upcoming films and give a little iformation on the film such as the storyline. Inside the magazine the pictures of characters are not always kept in their frames, they almost present it as if they were trying to get out of the magazine, whicg I like. Like the images inside the magazine, the cover usually has a colourful and bold image, having a significant aspect of the character or film, overlap the title, showing the significance of it. For example the Captain America: Civil War cover has Captain America's sheild in the middle and both cap and Iron Man pushing on it, this shows fans/viewers to gather that the two heros are fighting and the sheild holds a significant reason to it, leading the question to, what it stands for. Another example is the Black Panther cover, this is all of a simular colour scheme, sticking to the purples and blues, having the hand over the title, almost makes you feel like the prey, the colours on the cover also makes you feel that it's supernatural and out of this world. 

No comments:

Post a Comment