Friday, 5 January 2018

First Draft (Magazine/Lookbook)


I really like my front cover as the colours work well with each other, creating an urban hipster atmosphere with the purple hue to the picture. The magazine is promoting winter clothing to keep you warm during the freezing temperatures, as the coat on the model is yellow, having the pull quote also yellow, helps to point out that viewers are able to create quirky and fun outfits in the winter.


I do like the contents page I have created as space is filled and the colour scheme has remained similar. What also makes the page stand out from other contents pages is that the letters are down the centre, instead of having it at the top of the page, I feel that by doing it this way sets a bold quirky style and the fact it's different, makes it memorable to readers. Although when planning it, in my head it didn't look so random. When I put everything together, it almost in a way looks untidy. 


My first page is one of my favourites as I feel as, even though there is a lot happening on the page, it doesn't overwhelm the page too much to make it look untidy and out of place. The dispersed picture has a puzzle effect to it, which I like. The image is also not too dispersed, as if I were to disperse the sliced image anymore, it may just look a little unclear to readers.


I don't like this page as much as my first as it looks almost quite bare, but also gives the impression that too much is happening in it. It could have worked of I got rid of the image that has been sliced up, and just had the storyboard pictures alined in the middle. That way, I can then add more text to fill up the empty spaces, without over crowing the page.


I like this page, but I feel that compared to the previous pages before, it looks too plain. To avoid this, I could add a couple of images below the main one, just to fill in the space a little more. I like how the model's hair intwines with the tree branches, giving it a relaxed tone to the page.


I find these pages are quite eye-catching and definitely gets the message across about the growing anti-social behaviours. The yellow really stands out on the page, making a statement on the issue on our new generation may be having.


I like the back cover as it advertises the company well and uses as much space as possible. The only thing I would say is that it could have done with a slightly purple hue to it like the front cover so that it follows some sort of pattern.

Overall, I believe that my first draft was a success, as it only really needs a few tiny touches to make it look more appealing.

No comments:

Post a Comment