Friday, 19 January 2018

CPR Animation

Peer Review/Feedback on Finished Animation and Solutions to the Improvements:

Below is my finished CPR animated gif. 

After seeing my finished animation, I first noticed that when I exported the animation as an animated gif, some of my animated drawings were not moving, such as my lungs in the respiration part of CPR and the last bit where I have drawn myself to wave goodbye.


To rectify this, I exported my animation as a video, I then imported it onto Premiere Pro, I decided to add a short audio clip of 'Stayin' Alive' to the correct place of my animation, this just adds a little extra touch to my animation, making it slightly more memorable. Below is the updated version of my animation which I have uploaded onto YouTube. 



I believe that this is a good first attempt of creating an animation on Animate. The software to me, was quite hard to grasp, and so when I was doing my anmation, I tried to keep everything as simple as possible, making parts of it, partially different to my storyboard. I feel like if I had also managed my time properly, the animation would look a little more polished and overall be easier to watch. I almost feel as if the animation is still missing something such as a diagram of how CPR benefits the victim, or give other examples of when to give CPR, or to even mention that before beginning to give CPR to ring the ambulance, so that they are aware of the situation and can come as soon as they can. This would have given more clarity to the message my animation was trying to project. Next, I feel like I should of showed why CPR is so important to know. And so, if I were to do this again, I would make sure that I shed light onto all those points, making my animation much better.

I then asked my peers of what they liked about it and what they thought that I could improve on. The most popular aspect they liked about my animation was the use of colours, as this made things clearer and stand out more. Another popular comment about my animation was that they liked how clear my pictures were, as even without the text, they still understood what the animation was trying to say to them.

Although, amongst the positive feedback I got back, there were also many improvements needed to be made. After making the change to my animation, I then showed my peers the updated version of my CPR animation. A comment for improvement was that at some points of the animation, the text was over the pictures, and did not stand out that clearly. If I were to redo this project, I will make sure that the layout of the animation will allow all parts of it, stand out as clearly as it can, even if that means separating the text to fit a blank space, change the colour of the text, or even shorten my description. Another improvement I had was that at some points of the animation, the description wasn't on for long enough for them to read, with this feedback I will take into consideration to make my frames longer, giving the audience more time to read and take in what the message of the animation is. My final comment from a peer was that there was too much happening on screen, my solution for this would be to condense the information I am giving to my target audience, making sure that they get key information.

In conclusion, I feel that what I have produced is good, but I wouldn't say excellent. The reason to this is because I feel like that as I missed a lesson, I unfortunately didn't catch up as rapidly as I wanted to, I feel that I spent too much time perfecting the beginning instead of making sure that the foundation of the animation was down. I feel if I organised my time more effectively, I would have taken more consideration for the frame durations, the quality of the pictures, and the animation would have followed my storyboard a little more. Overall, I still managed to create an animation, showing how to do animation.

No comments:

Post a Comment