Monday, 29 January 2018
Changing Batteries Film Review
I found this film quite well done, the characters have been well thought through, the elderly woman, forgotten by her son receives a robot who's purpose is to take care of her. The sound track of the short film, I found suited the film quite well, at the beginning the track was lightly playing a piano with high pitches, and to me this gave the scenes sense of reflection. But, as the elderly woman falls ill and dies, the sound tack then gets deeper and so creates a dark and sad aroma, indicating to the audience that something is not right. Furthermore, the animation was simple and basic, this made it a little easier for myself to watch it and take in more from the story that was being told. In the short film we start to realise that both the characters just want to be loved and have the company of one and other, which they bother eventually received at the end. What I also wanted to see in the short film was the elderly woman's son find out the news of his mothers death, to see his reaction and realisation of how he treated her would have, for me, created a stronger message as I feel that a lot of us nowadays take our parents especially, for granted.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Interesting comment about the son.
ReplyDelete