Below is my finished Lookbook/Magazine.
After evaluating my first draft, I went back and created a few changes.
First, I changed, pages 3 and 4, I did this by taking out the image that had been dispesed into slices. By doing that, I created more space and the spreads didn't look so crowed as before.
Secondly, I added another picture onto pages 5 and 6, this was a close up of the jacket the model was wearing (Tom Kerry), making it relevent and filled up the empty space on the spread.
After that, I added a purple hue to the background pictures on the back cover, I did this by creating a box, and filled the colour to a lavender like colour, I then put the opacity to 50%, making the hue still noticable and allowing the pictures to remain clear.
After evaluating my magazine, I then had my peers review my finished magazine. Here I received many points for improvements and comments on what they also liked about the magazine. One of my improvements were to have "more coloured backgrounds", with this review, I could add different colours behind the text or pictures, this will make the pages pop out more instead of keeping the pages white, making it look bare. Another comment I had on my magazine was that "some fonts could be in better resolution e.g. page 2 title", I agree with this statement, and if I were to do this again with more time, I will ensure that everything is finalised, titles and fonts will look clear with full resolution, making it look more professional. My third comment was to "switch up some of the colour of the text", I can do this by choosing colours which went with my colour scheme such as greens and blues. Another comment was that I had to be "careful with page coming close to text" I will make sure that when laying out my pictures and text, I would enough that it is more even and balanced. My final comment on my magazine is to use "less chromatic aberration", this is mainly on the front cover, although this may be appealing to some people, some might find that the effect from the chromatic aberration can cause optical problems which could lead to headaches and possibly other slightly sever cases. When my peers reviewed my magazine, I had popular feedback for page 1 and 2, as they liked the pictures taken and the layout of the page. Regardless of the negative comment on the chromatic aberration on the front cover, some of my peers still enjoyed the visual appearance of it. Another positive comment I had was from my logo, they thought it was quirky and fit with the theme.
What makes this lookbook so successful to me is that it is clear that it is predominately promoting winter styles, and so it is clear that it is a fashion magazine/lookbook, and by having the social evolution article in it it doesn't look out of place as much as other topics might, such as a furniture, even though it fits in with a lot of fashion magazines/lookbooks, as you find that a lot more fashion companies, also bring out some furniture, giving the their buyers the chance to not only dress themselves up, but also their homes. But as my target audience are mainly younger people, I've focused the content to fashion and the social media world as it is what most of my generation is more interested in.
Overall, I believe that my magazine looks quite professional as it all follows a colour scheme and a theme, making the transfer from each page more fluent, instead of having it look out of place.







No comments:
Post a Comment