Friday, 5 January 2018

Evaluation of Lookbook/Magazine

In this evaluation, I will be analysing the step by step process and the overall outcome of my lookbook/magazine.

In the first week of starting the project, I felt quite productive, as my group gathered many magazine, giving us many ideas on what to aim for and what to avoid. We then went through the pros and cons of a selection of other magazines we were giving, after going through a few, we started to notice what made each of them unique from the other, regardless of some of them being different topics. They all used a set of colour schemes, this made each of them look professional and separated each of them from the other. The layout also made a significant difference between each of them, some were presented like scrapbooks, some were neaty placed amungst each other by having text and pictures all alined, some had both pictures and text overlaying eachother, and others such as the Empire magazine, made some pages of that they were promoting, as if the article is happening within a scene of the film.

Next, the following week, we created a logo on Illistrator. Before doing it, we looked through some examples, many of the one that I personally looked at were made up with shapes to then for example creating the company name or something else which had a relation to the company. To create my name, I used many triangles and rectangles to create fluentisity to the letters. I found that it was difficult to get a hang of at the beginning, but once I got it in my head of what to do, I created three logos and then I picked the one I thought best suited the style of my magazine.

Week 3, I started to sketch layout ideas for the lookbook/magazine. I found this quite difficult as at this point, I hadn't taken many photos and so it was difficult to picture what I wanted. Regardless of this, I was still able to create the front cover and contents page as after looking at example magazines, I was able to draw some inspiration from that.

After that, I started to organise photoshoots with friends. Before, I got my models to confirm what they were wearing, this was so that I knew whether it would fit in with the image I had. The first location was Bath, I got a few good photos here, but I wasn't able to get as many as I wanted. The week following, I organised a photoshoot with friends in my home town, Devizes. Planning wise, I did the same, advising my models what kind of clothing I would ike them to wear, etc. Then I made a list of locations in Devizes would look best, a lot of my photos were in narrow ally ways and staircases, this gave my magazine an urban atmosphere which is what I wanted to achieve.

After my photoshoots, I started to select the best pictures and organised them onto my lookbook/magazine. This process was both easy and hard as selecting the pictures took a while, and then I also had to decide how to present them. I tried to follow my planned ideas as much as I could but, I made a few changes due to the kind of picture it was.
After creating my first draft I had to ask many of my friends what their opinions were of my lookbook/magazine, as my target audience are my generation. after recieving reflective feedback, I then started to tweak it, making it look a little more proffesional looking.

To conclude this evaluation, I would say that my lookbook/magazine has been a total success. If I were to do this again, I would manage my time a little better as I feel I may have spent more time in the planning stage as I was constanly changing my mind, instead of getting on with I had produced already and trialing that out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment