Traditional colours in the colour spectrum include: red, orange, yellow, green, blue and violet.
Our task this week was to take pictures of objects and then create our version of the colour spectrum with the images.
Above is my colour spectrum. To create this, we were given around an hour to capture different coloured objects such as signs, flowers, tables, chairs and more. I went into shops to take pictures of clothing and signs, and also took pictures of the outside plants, such as the flowers in the red phone booths around Bath.
When doing this, I personally found it difficult to find different colours as most of the time, they looked quite similar, for example the purples. As you can see above, there are many colours which are missing, different shades of a particular colour, such as the oranges and the whites and greys.
I also found that with some of the pictures I took, the colours on my screen to the colour I could see ahead of myself when taking the picture, looked slightly different, and so with some of them, I decided not to include them in my colour spectrum as when I put them against some of my other colours, they looked far too similar to one and other.
In my colour spectrum, I feel that you are most definitely able to see a rainbowed colour scheme, regardless of some of the missing gaps. If I were to do this task again, I will ensure that I create a checklist of colours which I will check off to ensure I get a more even colour spectrum.

No comments:
Post a Comment