Thursday, 12 October 2017

Photomation



 Facebook, Instagram and YouTube have different video frames, I had to choose one which I felt what was the best platform for my video. With Facebook, I feel as though it would be much harder for my teachers to access due to my private Facebook settings, the actual size of the video would be quite small, and if I were to enlarge it, it would blur my pictures. If I were to upload the video to Instagram, right away this would affect the duration of my video as it is 1:08 minutes, whereas the maximum time allowed on Instagram is 1 minute, also as my video is fully landscape, Instagram would cut off part of the edges of the video, there have also been rumours that Instagram decreases the quality of the picture too. This is why I have put my Photomation work onto Youtube as this website was suggested to me. It allows my video to have good quality sound and it is also easy to access for my teachers.

My original plan was to first have shots of me playing hockey, this would then transfer to my kitchen of my boyfriend cooking steak, and then shots of me and my boyfriend collapsing onto my bed after the long day. I chose to play hockey as I feel that sport was the easiest to capture, these shots would represent my sporty personality. Then when the scene transfers to the kitchen, this will represent my hobby to cook with my boyfriend and when we collapse onto the bed, this would represent how much time we spend with one and other.

Unfortunately, not all of my original shot ideas were not attained. One of the shots I could not capture was the hockey, this was due to awkward pitch availability and so I decided to choose something else I could do which still had a similar effect, and so I chose to cartwheel off a bench, I thought that this still captured my passion in sport as this links in with Gymnastics, and it was also much easier and accessible to do so.





I was still able to get 'cooking steak with my boyfriend', here I captured the different stages which was the preparation, the cooking part and plating of the food. Unluckily, I wasn't able to find a way where I could capture me and my boyfriend collapsing onto the bed and so instead, as I was attending the Vintage Kilo Market in Komedia (Bath), the line was dramatically long and took almost 40 minutes to get in, I thought that it would be a good idea to capture this as shopping is another thing I like to do, unfortunately I wasn't able to gather enough footage of the whole event due to the dim lighting and so when I took my pictures, they came out unclear and so I decided not to use them. After rendering and nesting my shots, I thought I would add a bit of humour to my video, and so added some shots I took in a previous lesson which I used to create and gif, and so put the images in and to me, I find my self quite a humorous person and I feel that last bit of my video shows that side of me.

After nesting all my captured shots, I added text, this was to explain some parts of my video. First welcoming them onto the video, then to telling them that an important fact about me is that I love steak. At the end of the video, I thank them for watching and place this in between my last shots. Most of my text is on a shot as I feel like the video looked as if it was running smoother on the shot, than by just putting them on a plain background. I also added effects onto some of my text such as rotating it, and enlarging and shrinking the text, I found that it looked more interesting, and fit in with my personality I was portraying in the video.

Next, I then moved onto adding sound. The sounds that I had in mind was meat sizzling for the cooking of the steak scene, clapping for when it was all plated up with chips and salad, and a ticking sound for when I was waiting in line for the Bath Vintage Kilo Sale. I found sound clips on YouTube and converted the URL on a free site (https://www.onlinevideoconverter.com/video-converter). I then added each sound to the correct nested shots. After doing that, I still thought my video was missing something, which was music to fill in the empty gaps. Here, I wanted to add parts of two of my favourite songs, from one of my favourite bands, Clean Cut Kid. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to convert the songs on the same converter I used for the other sounds, I then went on to try other sites, but I got the same result as I did with the first site. And so as I knew which parts of the song I wanted from both of them, I videoed the clips, the first song was Vitamin C, I wanted to get the electric guitar solo which was at the beginning of the song. Then for the second song, which was Pick Me Up, I wanted to get the beginning guitar solo again, to the chorus, as then I would be able to merge to two songs together.

After watching the playback of the video, I thought that the storyline of the video was not too great, and so if I were to do this again, I would plan it much better, to then get a better storyline which fits in better. Even though the work I have produced does not appeal to me much, by doing this I have learnt a lot more on the different types of things I can do on Premiere Pro, and so if I were to come back to this piece of work in the future, the video may be a little more polished to my standards.

No comments:

Post a Comment