Sunday, 15 October 2017

Posters (Do Not Disturb and Late)

Poster1: 
Alternative Route around the Hive

 

In today's lesson, we had a go at creating an eye-catching poster, telling media and performing arts students to go an alternative way to Roper, Macaulay and The Crib. I feel like I have captured that as the map I have produced is, to me, quite clear and simple. the colours also stand out from the black background, and the colours red and yellow, are also quite striking. The colour I used also harmonies in some way, as the red and green are complementary colours, even on a black background as we can see above. The purple, orange and green also harmonies, making them a triadic harmony.

Poster 2: 
Late


The next week we created a poster about lateness, the caption being, "If you're late... Please wait". To symbolise the student's lateness, I chose to use a fictional character, the bunny from Alice in Wonderland as it is known for always being late in the fairytale. The late student is seen to be running into a class that has already begun, by having that person coming in late, it means the attention will be drawn to that late student instead of what the teacher is teaching. I chose the colour yellow as the background and it is bright and distinctive, making it automatically stand out to people who walk past it. I have also put a small sentence underneath the caption as it informs those who are late, what their actions lead to.

No comments:

Post a Comment