Wednesday, 18 October 2017

Walking Gif

Walking Gif

To create gifs as a whole has been quite challenging for me as I have never used this kind of software before. Below are my sequences for my walking gif.








The three things which I found most difficult in this project was drawing the gif, this was a very time-consuming project as you had to really analyse how someone walks and draw it on the computer, making sure that the movement fit well together. Another difficulty was learning how to do it, even though I am generally a fast learner, as I am learning a lot of new things at once, it is difficult to remember it all in the time of the lesson, and so I found my self possibly repeating questions which I have already asked. The final thing I struggled with was patience, as this was a timely project, I found that I had to redo my work quite a few times, and so instead of repeating drawings, I duplicated the layers, but then this caused problems as this meant that instead of having the body move up and down when walking, the body and head remained in the same place, making the walk not look right, and so I had to go back and try to synchronise the body and head movements with the walk. 

Even though there were many complications and frustrating moments whilst creating this, I did still enjoy the process of it all and now have a new appreciation for animators, even though I already knew it was a very difficult job and timely thing to do, as I have tried it myself, I appreciate their work in the film industry more.

All and all I am pleased with my work as it is the first time I have ever experimented with this and hope to get better at doing it with more practice to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment