Thursday, 19 October 2017

Final Magazine Cover


This is my final magazine cover. I chose this as I believe that the theme shown on the cover can easily be identified and the colour scheme harmonies one and other. The cover also isn't too crowded with effects and so balances between that and basic.

What was my knowledge of the software and process before I started?

Before starting this course, I had zero knowledge of the different tools and features of Photoshop as I have never used the software before, The most I knew about the software was that it was popular and people use it to add effect to photos, but I have never used it myself. This then drove me to at least grasp basic knowledge of the software in the first week of term.

What have I learnt?

I have learnt how to enhance colours, add transparent pictures, add a background colour, crop images correctly, insert shapes, add filters such as a liquid effect or create a blur effect manually or automatically, etc. Overall, I feel like I have a real understanding of the basic tools.

What will I do differently next time?

Next time I do a photoshoot, I will focus on the camera angles as now, as I'm looking through what I have created, the angles and shots are all the same, and so to make the pictures look slightly more dynamic and interesting for views instead of having a straight on picture.

Peer Review:

This was a chance for everyone to review my chosen final magazine. I've had many positive feedback and also some improvements to be added too.

What Worked on the Cover:
  • Good layout of design, contrasting colours stand out.
  • Text is bold and easy to read.
  • The font works well, stands out. Also, like the yellow shadow in title.
  • The main image reflections look really good.
  • Liked caption at the top of the of the cover.
  • Looks professional.
  • Title is very easy to see.
  • Placing is very central.
  • Contrast colours stand out.
Improvements:
  • Portrait is a bit difficult to see.
  • Background is slightly bland
  • Not sure about the blue box that covers the text's background.
  • Portrait is difficult to see.
  • Background is bland.
Those that gave me reviews on my portrait cover were helpful to point out that there are things I could improve on such as to create a less bland background, I could create a transparent brick texture or add a different colour to make it pop out. Another thing I could do, which adheres to the improvement about my portrait difficult to see, if I were to do it again, I will increase the brightness of the three-point lighting and so hopefully will enhance and face and make that stand out. To conclude this, I am proud with my feedback and final portrait I have produced.

No comments:

Post a Comment